The database currently contains about 11,000 people who were born in, or are descended from people born in, various parts of south Co Leitrim. For more on how people came within scope see Origins of This Website and People Included.
The database contains some or all of the following data on each person:
- Date and place of birth
- Date and place of baptism
- Appearance on Tithe Applotment Books
- Appearance on Griffith's Valuation
- Appearance on 1841 or 1851 Census of Ireland
- Appearance on 1901 Census of Ireland
- Appearance on 1911 Census of Ireland
- Date and place of marriage, including name of spouse, and usually names of witnesses
- Date and place of death
- Date and place of burial
- Listing in Calendar of Wills
- Other data.
The gathering of the data is still a work in progress, and with so many people to consider, they are being placed online on this site piecemeal. People will be added in the following sequence:
- Those whose earliest ancestor came from the Bornacoola Parish area (see People Included), together with their spouses. These will be added in batches, starting with the descendants of persons whose surnames begin with A, then B, etc
- The remainder will be added as follows, again within batches arranged by the surname of the starter of a line -
- Parish of Aghavas
- Parish of Annaduff
- Parish of Cloone
- Parish of Gortletteragh
- Parish of Mohill
Because the data is going to be added on a piecemeal basis, entries for people shown in the earlier batches may change. Take, for example, a person from Bornacoola who marries someone from Gortletteragh and who has children. Initially the pedigrees of these children will shown the line of the parent from Bornacoola but only the name and no lineage of the parent from Gortletteragh.